We work on the ideology of ‘ Service above self ’
Why Choose Us
Q. What are the programs offered by Bubble Blue?
Crèche or Daycare Program:
From the age-group of 6 months to 12 years, Monday to Friday from 8 am to 8 pm and 9 am to 7 pm on Saturday. We have various options available to suit the parents’ needs. Parents can choose the program that would suit their requirement the best.
Playhouse Activities :
Age Group 1.5 years to 5.5 years.
|Play Group & Nursery||Shift I||8.30am to 10.45am|
|Play Group & Nursery||Shift II||11.15am to 1.45pm|
|LKG & UKG||8.30am to 12.30pm|
Bubbs’ Club Activities :
- Karate(twice a week)
- Drawing(once a week)
- Western Dance(twice a week)
- Classical Dance(once a week)
- Guitar(once a week)
- Keyboard(once a week)
- Drums(once a week)
Q. What makes Bubble Blue unique?
Bubble Blue implements the ideology, “Service above self.” Our service-providers are not merely attendants, rather they are caregivers filled with empathy. Basically, Bubble Blue supports a free-form, pay-as-you-go service for keeping kids entertained, physically and mentally.
Q. What is the magnitude of the centre?
Saltlake Centre- 4500 sq. Ft
Newtown Centre- 7169 sq. Ft
Narendrapur Centre- 1600sq.Ft
Q. How can one gain benefit from Bubble Blue?
The benefits are as follows:
- Children get to play and have lots of fun.
- We provide them a variety of stimulating activities from time to time such as reading, story-telling, etc.
- Children can indulge/socialize with other kids of their age.
- You can leave your kids with Bubble Blue for few hours while you attend to shopping or other errands.
- Home work of playhouse children especially those in day care can be submitted regularly. Practice work and/or homework or any other assignments can be given for the children to be completed at the centre.
Q. What are the program costs?
The programs are reasonably priced to be easily affordable by most working parents. We offer a variety of packages to suit your needs. Discounts in the monthly fees are offered to siblings for our crèche and day care program only.
Q. How does Bubble Blue partner with the parents for their child’s development
Bubble Blue has strong and healthy partnership with the parents / guardians of their children. Regular communication between teachers and parents bring about overall positive change in the children. The management always welcomes suggestions from the parents and guardians to have better idea about development process.
To know us more, we encourage you to explore our complete website. You are also welcome to visit us to take a tour of the centre.
Q. Why do we need to label the items of the children?
Labelling of clothes and other items of the children is a must. Lost items will be available at the office room every Friday for collection. Parents are requested to collect the same from the Educator-in-charge of the shift. If not collected within one week, the same shall be given for charity. Bubble Blue will take NO responsibility for items of clothing not labelled.
Q. How do we communicate with the centre?
Parents are advised to meet the Educators regularly to maintain a close rapport. Educators will keep the parents posted about the development of their wards as and when required. Most of the communications are done over the phone as well as over mail.
When you need to contact the school we request that you use these telephone lines:
|Landline number :||033-64547811 / 033-23373250|
|Mobile number :||9836854422|
|Email- id :||email@example.com|
|Landline number :||033-23241065|
|Mobile number :||9836854345|
|Email- id :||firstname.lastname@example.org|
All instructions/information/leave details to be mentioned in the diary. No verbal instructions to be given to the teachers and definitely not to the caregivers (attendant).
Tell us more about fee policies:
a) Fees to be submitted within 5th of every month. Late fee will be charged as stated below.
|Late Fee Amount||Default Time Range|
|Rs. 100/-||Between 6th to 10th|
|Rs. 200/-||Between 11th to 15th|
|Rs. 300/-||Beyond 15th|
b) Failure to pay the fees will render the ward liable to have his or her name struck off the rolls. Readmission may be granted only after payment of readmission fees and depending upon the availability of seats.
c) One calendar month’s clear notice must be given or one month’s fees must be paid in lieu thereof before a student in withdrawn from the school. Security deposit will be adjusted against arrears of program fees/any other charges/fees due to short-fall of notice of withdrawal of one month. Security deposit is interest-free in nature.
d) If the tuition fees fall in arrears for one month, the pupil’s name will be struck off the rolls without any prior intimation. Re-admission will be granted only after payment of annual fees/readmission fees.
The fee book duly filled up (by the parents) should be submitted to the teacher in charge. Fees to be given by 5th of every month. Fees submitted beyond the due date will attract late fine as applicable.
Q. What happens if we come later than the scheduled time?
Overtime charges @ Rs 100/- per 5 minutes will be levied if the child is not picked up from the centre in time.
Q. Is it necessary to look at the Notice Board regularly?
When you visit the centre, please take time to look at the Bubble Blue notice board. On this board, information about the activities related to your ward’s development and other relevant information will be displayed.
Q.What are the children suppose to wear during their stay?
What to wear: In order to ensure your child does not experience difficulty in safely traversing external free-play equipment and to facilitate independence at toilet time, please follow the dress code:
- Short/trousers with elastic waist
- Loose tops or T shirts with short of length sleeves
- Cardigan and/or vest during winter
- 3 sets of clothes + disposable nappies/diapers
- Shoes with Velcro fasteners or slip-ons
- Sheets and pillowcases (for children who use them)
- Feeding Bottles (if applicable)
- Hair Brush
- Personal Care Products (if required)
- Rubber Cloth (less than 4 years)
Q. What are the children not suppose to wear at the centre?
What not to wear:
- No belts
- No laces or shoes
- No hoods
- No jewelry, hair clips or accessories
- No nappies unless agreed upon
- Clothing with too many buttons should not be used
Necessary equipments like note book, drawing copy, crayons, pencil, eraser, ghongroo etc to be brought to the activity classes. Dress code must be followed in activity classes-Bubble Blue T Shirt and white shorts/skirt and white Salwar/harem pants for classical dance classes.
If staff members feel a child is inappropriately dressed, the parent/guardian will be asked to change in school if appropriate clothing is available. Shoes are not permitted inside Bubble Blue. Children will be allowed to wear non-slip socks in winter.
No personal belongings like cup, spoon, fork etc of the children will be accepted. The centre will not be responsible for the loss of such items.
Q. What is the process of induction followed?
The major aim within the first few weeks (max. 4 weeks) is to provide the children with a warm, secure and supportive environment outside the home. If children are still unsettled and uneasy in the new surrounding after the orientation period, it may be necessary to continue the gradual setting-in process on an individual basis. After the induction period, children should not be visited during the program time.
Q. Do you have the facility of library in the centre?
The centre has a small library for the children of the crèche /day care and playhouse equipped with latest CDs and books.
Facility of well-stocked library having around 1000 books, magazines, encyclopaedias and board games CDs are available till the age of 12 years.
Q. What is the minimum attendance required for optimum development of the children?
It is important for your child to attend regularly to get the maximum benefit from the program of the centre. 85% attendance is required for optimum development in case of playhouse, activity centre and day care.
Q. Do you issue identity card to the children?
One identity card will be issued for your child. This card must be presented upon request. Please remember that the ID card is a very important means of identification and if ever it falls into someone else’s hands it could be misused. Please be extremely careful with your child’s ID card.
Q.What are procedures followed in case of medical emergencies?
- In case of injuries of a minor nature (small cuts, bruises, bumps etc), the Educators will give necessary first aid and will notify the parents of injury over telephone.
- If the injury appears of a more serious nature, the parents will be notified for further instructions.
- Serious injuries:
- Staff member will call ambulance and then make contact with parents or other emergency contact.
- Staff will give first aid until ambulance arrives.
- To prevent the spread of illness to other children and staff, Bubble Blue follows a strict code regarding sick children.
- Parents will be asked to collect their child from school immediately if he/she has diarrhea, nausea, fever or an unidentified skin compliant.
- All children who are unwell should be kept at home, as they could be in the incubation stage of an infectious disease.
The following symptoms would require a child to be kept home:
- Runny nose
- Fever (even a slightly elevated temperature)
- Persistent cough during night (even if it seems to be gone in the morning)
- Head Lice (until eradicated)
Q.Do you administer medicine to the children?
Bubble Blue will administer medicine to your child as per the instructions of the parents in case of any common ailments such as cold, cough etc. The parents must complete and sign the Medical Form for the medicine to be administered together with a copy of the doctor’s prescription.
Q.What are the facilities provided for children who fall sick abruptly?
Bubble Blue has an on call Doctor Facility. When any child falls sick after coming to the center we inform the parents and simultaneously call the physician (Paediatrician).